Saturday, March 6, 2010

Writers and their Parties

When I think about writing, I do not think about parties. I think about how I sit at my computer/netbook ALONE and write. Maybe my kids are around, or even my husband. But, for the vast majority of my writing time, I'm alone. I belong to a couple online writing communities, but I must confess that I don't spend that much time participating. If I'm not writing my own stories, I'm editing/project managing the authors who publish with the company I work for here in Michigan.

When writers are done writing (or taking a break) and decide to party, look out! I've only attended a few conferences, and they were a blast. When the break-out sessions were done, look-out - those conference attendees were whooping it up at the bar well into the night.

I'm feeling like a need a party, and there's a really big one taking place at the end of July, down in Nashville, TN. It's the RWA 2010 National Conference. I'm not a member of RWA anymore, but that doesn't mean that I can't attend. I'd pay a higher fee; or I'd just join again. Many of the writers in my agency plan to attend, and it would be great to put faces to names.

But I'm still not sure.

Are you going?

No comments: